Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 10 August 2011

Info Post

imageThis party was sooooo much fun to plan! Our boy was turning 5 & he loved pirates so....

So bummed I didn’t take a picture of the invitation – what was I thinking?!?! The party invitation had Goofy's picture in a pirate costume with the words "Beware of Pirates." The party details were on the back. 

This is the cake table with yet another pirate flag & some pirate plates. I also have framed What Every Pirate Needs (i.e. compass, eye patch, etc) and after each game the kids got another pirate necessity. June 2010 049The cake was fun to make! I made a small rectangle & cut off parts to make the island shape. I frosted & used coconut for sand. The ship was from a cake mold that I decorate with candy (including malt ball cannons!) I made the mast & sails on the computer. I piped blue frosting around the island & ship to make water. Finally, I added some of my son’s Play Mobil Pirate figures & whala!

June 2010 140
 
For food I made a Watermelon pirate ship with balled watermelon, cantaloupe & grapes inside. I got lots of ohs & ahs!
June 2010 060
We also served Walk the Plank Celery. It is raisons on peanut butter covered celery
June 2010 061

Finally, we served Pirate Boats (hot dots) and Fish in the Ocean (gummy fish in blue jello & cool whip sea foam). The food was all a BIG hit!

June 2010 088

All the kids "Walked the Plank" over our kiddie pool. So simple, but so much fun! We got lots of "Can we do it again?" 

June 2010 065

Being a pirate party we had to have a treasure hunt! I made picture clues since most of the guests couldn't read. They each took an adult with them and ran all around our house & yard. At the end was a treasure box with some chocolate gold coins. It was a BLAST!

June 2010 083
 
I found the cutest treasure box candle for the cake, but Goofy couldn't get to the candle well. So after trying to blow out the candle for a while, Dad held him & he blew out the candle easily.
 
These Krispy Pirate Pops were fun to make! They were the parting gift for the adults.
June 2010 048
When Goofy woke up in the morning he came down to this fun inflatable pirate pool in our living room!  They had SO much fun playing in the pirate ship. In our family we have a tradition – the birthday kid gets a fun themed Mylar balloon – this year Goofy got the pirate skull – he LOVED it!June 2010 022
That was fun & exhausting (I was 6 months pregnant with Tinker Bell at the time!)! With a May birthday you never know if the weather is going to cooperate so we worried a lot up to the party - but it was a great day! I wonder what theme we'll do next year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment