Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 10 August 2011

Info Post

image

In our house we are big Curious George fans. Not necessarily the classic books (although they are good too), I'm talking about the PBS cartoon (http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/games/#1) Not only are they funny & entertaining, they teach great math & science principals. I was thrilled when we were at the zoo and saw an owl; my son said, "Hey Mom - that animal is Nocturnal like a raccoon"

image

Here is the cake I fashioned for his 4th birthday party. When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he said a yellow hat cake. It took me a long time to come up with a plan for that! I made four round cakes in descending sizes & then put yellow fondant over top. To top it off I put a fondant monkey hanging from the top. He was so thrilled. The week before his party he would stand before the cake table & admire the cake. Then he'd giggle & start clapping - so worth it!!

May 2009 059

Here are some bananas I created out of fondant. Aren’t they fun!

May 2009 068 Here was everyone's place setting. I included a personalized "banana" sugar cookie at everyone's spot. These sugar cookies are one of my specialties!

 
090516 Sam bday 07

This amazing picture that captures my sons great smile & zest for life was taken by my very talented brother-in-law Brad!

May 2009 071I started putting up the kids pictures up on a wall for their birthdays. It is fun to look back & see how they've grown! Besides, what else am I going to do with all the free 8x10’s I’ve gotten over the years =-)

image

Another beautiful picture by my brother-in-law Brad. I love this look as he is trying to blow out his birthday candle!

image

This was a simple party with cake & ice cream, presents, and then we all just hung out & played in the backyard. It was a lot of fun & exactly what my son had asked for! I'm so glad that what he pictured in his head was what I delivered!

Looking for more Birthday Party Ideas? Click here!

And as always, I really appreciate you taking the time to bless me with a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment