Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 10 August 2011

Info Post
After years of traditional scrapbooking my husband finally convinced me to try digital scrapbooking. I wasn't too sure what I was going to thing about it. Turns out I LOVE IT! There is no more mess, no more printing & reprinting pictures to get them the right size, and no more storing all those different scissors, punches, and what-not.



There are lots of great scrapbooking software out there. I only have experience with these two.

digital scrapbooking software  This one is easy to use, has some premade pages (although I have never used them), lots of fonts (which I use all the time), and exports pages as images. There are a variety of page size (or cards, t-shirt prints, etc) to choose from. You do have the ability to put multiple pages in a file which I like, but if you put more than 4 it tends to corrupt the file. I like that you can group objects & mats together and save them as a separate image. It will meet your basic needs & wont break the budget buying it! Plus it is a current product & there are updates for it.
This was always my favorite. They had the most fonts, easy to use, could narrate in a shape, could make the text go over pictures, could put multiple pages in a file without crashing, and still had a variety of sizes and projects to choose from. Unfortunately, they don't release a lot of updates and currently it wont fun on my "new" computer. Bummer, I loved Creating Keepsakes.!
The other great thing about digital scrapbooks are the kids you can find for free or purchase inexpensively on the Internet. There are kits of any kind you might be looking for. I love having coordinating paper, fonts, and embellishments all in one place. You could make dozens and dozens of layouts with one kit. Here are a couple I like. But just enter digital scrapbook kits in google search and you will come up with lots of choices!
 Sweet Shoppe Designs     
 Scrap Orchard Home Digital Scrapbooking at DesignerDigitals




Here are some sample pages I've made with these awesome kits:
made my own background


with Fall Festival Kit


with kit Bon Voyage by Julie Billingsley


with kit: Wild At Heart by Julie Billingsley




I know some people never print their pages. Others print them and put them in 3-ring binders (but I found that got bulky). I have them printed & am so pleased to have books to thumb through (plus I have a digital back-up). I highly recommend Viovio. They produce a beautiful quality, have great customer service, discount coupons from time to time, and a competitively priced product. I love the hardcover! I put pictures on the front and date/events/book# on spine.
Viovio.com




And here is the finished product. A 155 Beautiful page book for about $35
 


So as you are being intentional about preserving your family memories & history, consider digital scrapbooking, you'll be glad you did!


Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment