Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 10 August 2011

Info Post
I love cooking! So it should not come as a huge surprise that I decided to thrown an April Fool's Joke on my family using food!



Cake for Lunch!

The cake was actually meatloaf baked in round baking pans. The frosting was actually mashed potatoes that I used to hold the meatloaf together & then to pipe onto cake to give it the appearance of a decorated cake. I finished it off by plucking on peas & carrots as a garnish. Not only did it look awesome, it was actually delicious! My husband thinks it's the best meatloaf he'd ever had. I think the masked potatoes helped keep moisture in the meatloaf.





Spaghetti & Meatball Dinner

This was actually a completely dessert entree! In the middle of the plate I put a slice of pound cake. I then piped vanilla frosting criss-crossing the pound cake to give the appearance of noodles. I topped the icing noodles with Strawberry Sunday Topping 'Tomato Sauce'. Then I used a knife to dull Whopper candy and plopped these 'meatballs' on top of the 'spaghetti'. On he side I served ladyfingers, iced, with green sprinkles to look like garlic bread.


To say the food was a huge, fun surprise would be an understatement. The kids enjoyed it immensely. I am so glad I was intentional about doing something fun, creative, and memorable.


Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment