Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 10 August 2011

Info Post

image


I am very intentional about making my children's birthdays very special. I want them to know that they are precious children of God, uniquely & wonderfully made, and are such treasures to their Daddy & I! So I love making the day truly special & memorable.

 

Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

This year for Goofy's actual birthday we were going to be on a plane headed to the happiest place on earth - Disney world! So the party had to be done early & it naturally had to be a Disney themed party. The kiddos love the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse videos we borrow from the library so that became the theme.  I made this personalized t-shirt for his celebration and bought the Mickey balloon (I got 6 for less than the cost at Disneyworld) and Happy Birthday Mickey Ears Hat.  (Note: He also wore the t-shirt & hat for his actual birthday at Disneyworld and LOVED the attention he got!)

image


The table setting was in primary colors to go with the show. Each kid had mouse ears at their spot. I had crayons/markers/colored pencils in a pencil holder I made with pictures of the birthday boy with Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto.
Sammy's Birthday 058
 
I made a birthday banner with a free  Walt Disney font
Sammy's Birthday 060
 
I set-up a buffet at Chef Mickey's Kitchen (you know - like the restaurant at Disney world). We served Donald's Diggity Dogs, Pluto's Pretzels, Minnie's Fruit, Mickey's Mac-N-Cheese, Goofy's Garden Veggies, and Daisy's Dazzling Punch.
Sammy's Birthday 073
I saw this idea for a Mickey themed fruit bouquet and thought I could replicate it! I bought the Minnie mug here.
Sammy's Birthday 081
I served Orange Sunrise Punch with Mickey ice cubes (frozen Hawaiian punch). It was a HUGE hit!
image   Sammy's Birthday 076
 
Here's the birthday cake I made. I love using fondant as it offers a lot of flexibility. Plus you can make the whole cake a week or so ahead because the fondant keeps the cake fresh & soft inside. (I use this marshmallow fondant recipe)
 
image
 
We played Mickey, Mickey, Mickey, Goofy (you know Duck, Duck, Duck, Goose), had a Mickey Piñata, decorated t-shirts (I had ironed on some mickey images onto white t-shirts), but I think the kids highlight was play Finding Pluto's Bones. I made a "Tootles"  with 4 Mooska tools they needed on their way to find Pluto's Bones. For example: there was a toothpick to pop a balloon to get their clue out of it and there was a small key to open a lock. Below is the birthday boy finding his bag of Pluto's bones (Scooby Snacks). It was a BIG hit!
Sammy's Birthday 087
Sammy's Birthday 098
I also made a Mickey on part of a cardboard box & made holes in his ears. The kids enjoyed playing a bean bag toss.
Sammy's Birthday 096
 
The birthday boy had a great time and I was very pleased with how it turned out. Now I'm left with - How am I going to top that next year?!?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment