Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 27 August 2012

Info Post

Today, I am sharing the first of 50 {free} state printable packs! They may seem like they are in a random order, but they actually just coincide with states my kids have & will visit first and move out from there. =-) I will be sharing one pack a week (typically on Monday). All packs will be released by July 2013. First up…..

image

In preparation for next year’s study of the USA I am creating State Printable Packs for our unit – From Sea to Shinning Sea! Studying the US States is a great way to get to know our great country, meet famous Americans, learn about natural habitats & their animals, famous landmarks, history, and have LOTS of fun!! I am thrilled that my Preschooler & 1st grader can learn side-by-side! The packs have lots of activities suitable for kids Preschool – 5th+ grade! Did I mention it is FREE!!

I will share more about how we are using them later, but basically we have BIG binders with a tab for each state.  Each state pack has:

  • State Fact sheet (blank & filled in – I suggest using the blank one for older children and the filled in one for younger children who do not have the skills or patience to fill it in)
    • Nickname
    • Capital
    • Chief Products
    • Brief History
    • Things to Sea
    • Weather
  • State Fact Sheet #2
    • Where is the state in the US?
    • Longitude & Latitude Map Skills
    • Math Activity as you travel from state to state
    • Did you Know section
    • Population & Size Graphs
  • Map Work (including time zone activity)
  • Number practice (from 1-50) – practice writing and counting
  • Plant Cards (common to the state)
  • Animal Cards (common to the state)
  • Practice writing letters A to Z –twice
  • OTHER – You will find about 20 sheets of other activities. These will incorporate  educational skills with facts about the state. For example you may use a measure to see how tall the Missouri Gateway Arch is compared to the Willis Tower. Or you may learn about colors with ice cream scopes in honor of the Missouri State Fair where cones were ice cream cones were first used. Each pack is different in this area – so browse for the activities that fit your child’s needs, interests, and skills.

Grab your {free} Missouri State Printables by clicking on the sample image below. (Note each state has approximately 30 pages)

image

image

Do you live in this state? If you live here & notice I missed a major thing from your state PLEASE let me know! I do research, but if I miss something big about your state please shoot me an email and I will add it to the pack =-)image

If you are interested in seeing a little more about Missouri, check out our minication to St. Louis here.

For more {free} US State printables and information about this From Sea to Shinning Sea Unit click on the image below:

image_thumb[15]_thumb

These units do take time to prepare in a thoughtful, fun, educational way. I am grateful for your kind comments and encouragement as I continue to provide free printables for everyone to enjoy! Thank you! And happy learning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment