Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 30 August 2012

Info Post

image

I recently had the opportunity to check out a Kiwi Crate – WOW! I think I’m in love =-)

August 2012 868  August 2012 870

The trademark Kiwi Crate arrived and we promptly opened it up! We were delighted to find this month’s selection was Medieval Fun! Goofy is BIG into Castles & Knights so we were all the more eager to dive in!

Craft #1-3– Medieval Dress-up

We started out by dying the scarf. This was SO cool! It was simple, cool, pretty fast, and non-messy! The Crate had EVERYTHING we need! It had glue, scissors, scarf, Kool-Aid – EVERYTHING! You could even just grab this box & head over to Grandma’s =-)

August 2012 876August 2012 878August 2012 879

Notice the white scarf above and how beautifully deep red it is below! The instructions even included ideas to think about including how do you think they colored silk in Medieval Times – they didn’t have Kool-Aid? Don’t worry – they included the answers too!

August 2012 888

Then we had some choices we could make 2 princess hats, 2 Knight Masks, or one of each. As I have a girl & a boy we made one of each. But I LOVED the flexibility! One thing that impressed me was the durability & quality of everything included. The masks were held on by a 1” quality ribbon, not some cheap elastic! I could tell I was beginning to fall in love….

August 2012 875August 2012 880

Craft #4– Catapult

August 2012 885

It will probably come as no surprise to you that Goofy (7 years) LOVED making the catapult! Again, I was impressed by the quality of the materials. The structure is a wooden box (which you could make into a jewelry box if you wanted!), the spoon was also solid wood, the rubber band was thick & sturdy. Plus they didn’t just include one ball – they included 10 balls – different sizes and weights. After we finished the instructions encouraged experimenting with which one went farther and aiming for the Kiwi Crate Box! Crafts & Science = LOVE!

image

One more goody they include – a card with a link to their webpage with even MORE fun! There were book recommendations, additional crafts (they looked AMAZING) and a Lego Castle Adventures.  This is the icing on the cake in my book!

August 2012 886

Conclusions?

This is an amazing product! For busy Moms this is a MUST! Even if you like to do your own crafts at home (which I do) this is FANTASTIC for those days when you just don’t have something up your sleeve – I know I’ve been there! There is enough in this box to keep your kids entertained for an entire rainy day, 1 craft day a week for a month (craft night!), or once a day for a week (think school break!). Everything in the crate was vey well made, thought through, and explained thoroughly. I loved the educational ideas it included and was super impressed by all the additional resources on line – that could easily keep you busy the rest of the month! 

So…. would I buy it? YES – I did =-)

  • No more buying a pack of 50 boxes to get the one I need for a craft!
  • No more running around to different stores (spending gas $, spending time, and dragging 3 kids in tow) to find what I need
  • No more – "We’re BORED!” (well…. maybe less of that =-)

Want your own?

It usually costs $19.99/month (includes shipping, instructions & everything to complete several crafts) .

Act Now! $14.95/month with code TEACHER2

*Or get 2 months free or $20 off a 1 year subscription with code TEACHER7

Click on the image to purchase!

Expires September 3rd!Back to School Kiwi Crate Savings - $5 off monthly, $20 off annual

----->  BONUS – FIRST 10 people ONLY!  <-----

And just because I love you all so much & know money gets tight…. The first 10 people who purchase the monthly Kiwi Crate through the link above will get my Reading the Easy Way FREE! Just leave a comment below with the date, approximate time you ordered, and your email address. (If you don’t’ include all three things it doesn’t count, sorry) I will email you a special code to get my new Reading the Easy Way – FREE!! How’s that for a deal =-)

Reading the Easy Way

0 comments:

Post a Comment