Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 29 August 2012

Info Post
image_thumb[60]_thumb

Have you recently bought an ipad and are wondering what you should load it up with? Or are you looking for some new favorites to add to your collection? Here are 5 of our favorites! (just click on the thumbnail below to see the app in iTunes) I will be continuing this series as we find new favorite apps I think you will like!

image Dinoboy Adventures  is a super cute interactive book! Your child can read it himself (and touch words he needs read to him) or have it read to him. On each page there is something your child must ‘help with’ before you can turn the page – push the boy on the swing, serve breakfast, open the window, etc. Plus there are several spots you get to make a choice that changes the story – what animal to bring along, where to look for home, what exit to use, etc. It’s like a modern-day choose your own story! Did I mention it is only $0.99?!?! Thanks to Stacy from Kids Stuff World for sharing this great find with me!



image


PBS KIDS Video is a {free} app! Expect to find your child’s favorite PBS show (Curious George, Word World, Dinosaur Train, Cat in the Hat, and more!) There are mini videos and full episodes that you can watch right on your ipad!




image

Jib Jab has a great collection of fun books where your child is the star! Although most of them cost, my kids really enjoyed Biggest Pizza Ever which is again, {FREE}. Take a picture of your child & they become the chef who makes the most amusing biggest pizza ever.





image

Camouflage is a look & find game based in the world of Toy Story 3! My kids call it the I Spy game. You pick one of 4 rooms – Andy's, Butterfly, Bonnie’s or Caterpillar. Then play one of 20 missions per room. This $0.99 game is great fun and helps kids improve their observation skills too!



image

Here is an app that is just for fun. Sky Burger is a FUN, {FREE} game where you tilt the screen to create burgers to order. The ingredients (patties, lettuce, cheese, onions,etc.) fall from the sky and you need to move the bottom bun to catch only the ingredients in your order. I find myself having fun playing this from time-to-time too!



I’d love to know if you find a new family favorite from my list above! I’ll continue the series as long as I see an interest and have favorites to share =-) If you have a family favorite I haven’t mentioned I’d LOVE to know. If I mention it in a future post I will mention and link to your blog!

Previous Posts in this Series:



0 comments:

Post a Comment