Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 10 August 2011

Info Post
I was never very crafty growing up! I wasn't good at it, didn't have ideas, and just honestly didn't have the time for it. I am a people person and much preferred being with people. 



But that all started to change when I found out I was pregnant. We had been trying for years & I was beyond thrilled God had blessed us with this precious new life. I wanted to be the perfect Mom (as if there is such a thing). When I had nannied the Mom made each of her children a blanket. I thought that was such a neat idea - what a special keepsake and physical token of her love. So I decided I was going to make a blanket for our baby too!



I took a knitting class at a local park district and picked up the basics, making myself & my husband a basic hat along the way. I picked out a pattern & yarn at Michael's (although I now think Joann's has a better selection). I began knitting.


 As anything in life, it took time and patience. I had to redo parts, my fingers go sore, and it took a long time. But I was so pleased with the result & my son treasures it to this day!


 Over the years I've gotten better at knitting. I am faster, more accurate, and can do more complex patterns.


I am glad I put in the time to learn to knit. There is something so satisfying about making something with your own two hands! And I love that I have tangible objects to give to my children to show them how much I love them.



Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment