Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 29 November 2011

Info Post


What a special birthday it was indeed! Not only did my family make me feel loved, but all of you were so kind to wish me a good birthday too!! Then, the icing on the cake was I was awarded The Versatile Blogger award from not one, but three of my readers on the same day – my birthday =-) So thank you to H is for Homeschooling and And That’s Family  and The Only Thing Pink in a World Gone Blue for this honor!

The Award Rules are:

  • Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.
  • Tell 7 things about yourself.
  • Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they've received an award!

So…..here are seven things you may or may not know about me:

  1. I great up in Madrid, Spain – My parents were missionaries there so from the time I was 3 until I turned 18, and left for college, I lived in the beautiful, friendly, wonderful SPAIN!
  2. I’ve only been blogging for 4 months! I always said I’d never blog, but I have been inspired & encouraged by the community of bloggers – so glad I’m blogging!
  3. My hubby & I met day one of our college career. We became friends, but didn’t even consider dating until I was a Senior. He is my best friend & I’m so glad we decided to be friends for life!
  4. I have been on 6 out of the 7 continents! I LOVE traveling! I don’t know if it is because we traveled so much growing up or what, but I am always ready for the next big adventure! I pinch pennies all year long so that our family can go on a fun vacation each year. Our vacations aren’t quiet as exotic anymore…. but we’ve gotten the kids to Panama, Costa Rica, Belize, Disney world, and a handful more! And someday… I am going to take a cruise & get down to Antarctica (the remaining continent =-)
  5. I lOVE cooking! That’s probably why I have a couple extra pounds to call my own. I like making a recipe my own…..we call it tweaking in my house. When my hubby & I first got married I would make something (say turkey) every day for 7 days to try out different variations. That way you could taste them side-by-side. A little crazy, I know! But we know have tons of favorite recipes that are ours!
  6. Alto’s Rule! I love to sing ~ A LOT! I was in choirs and ensembles for as long as I can remember. I enjoyed getting the big power solos, but more than anything I loved being part of a group and hearing our voices sound so beautiful in harmony together! Life is too busy for choir right now, but I look forward to singing with all my choir partners in heaven someday for the ultimate audience!!
  7. I am a HUGE planner! I am a little crazy about this…..I could tell you where we are going on vacation until Goofy is 18 (we want to get him to every US state!) But I plan with purpose! You get more done, better deals, and make sure you meet your goals – when you plan! So I will admit I am a little nuts, but our family always fits in lots of fun things!!

 

The other part of this award is I get to give it to 15 newly discovered blogs – and since I’ve only been blogging for 4 months – they are all “new” to me! So here are 15 of my favorite blogs, in no particular order =-)  If I didn’t mention you that doesn’t mean I don’t love you! There are soooo many other WONDERFUL blogs out there!! You are all amazing multi-talented women who do wonderfully fun, creative things in the name of motherhood!!

  • Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational – She always has such amazingly creative ideas for teaching her kids! If you are ever short on inspiration – make sure you subscribe to her blog! Plus if you “Like” her on Facebook you will get even more great ideas as she is always sharing the best of the best posts with her readers!
  • The Nature of Grace – This blog has the most creative ideas presented so beautifully! She makes beautifully themed snacks, has her daughter write with a Quill & stuff a pillowcase to learn about pilgrims, and so many, many more wonderful ideas!
  • Mom to 2 Posh Lil Diva’s – You’ve probably heard of this blog, it’s not new or small. But it is FULL of wonderful ideas from one very creative Mom!
  • Keitha’s Chaos – This Mom goes above and beyond in making the most wonderful and memorable lunches you will find! She theme’s the next day’s lunch after the story they read at bedtime! WOW, right?!
  • The Tiger Chronicle – If you have older homeschooled kids (or will have them) this blog is a MUST! I am always smarter & intrigued by the wonderfully, creative, thorough learning fun they post about! 
  • The Only Thing Pink in a World Gone Blue – Not only does this blog have a catchy name, it has way fun catchy activities: Mission Possible Advent Activity, Water Gun Sight Word Shooting, sensory boxes, and so much more! You will find lots of treasures here!
  • Karla M Curry – This blog is filled with what they do in Preschool (like making igloos!) and ideas to make your faith meaningful to your kids (like with prayer sticks).
  • Adventures of the Smith Family – is filled with fun eats, crafts, and day-to-day life of a mom with small kids.
  • Making Memories with your Kids – has lots of super cute crafts, cooking, and ideas like glow in the dark bathtub and hot dog looking cookies!
  • Crafty Mischief – is exactly what you would expect from a title with the word crafty in it! She is incredibly crafty not only with amazing gorgeous kid creations, but with things for around the house too.
  • Mess for Less – Vicky started her blog a mere 4 months ago and has already amassed a huge number of followers! She has lots of fun, crafty ideas to do with your kids. She has also come up with some gorgeous snacks/meals.
  • The Mommies Made Me Do It – is a fun blog filled with great ideas! I loved how she used real x-rays to help her son piece together a human skeleton! They also made a super cool zip line for his toys!
  • At Number 29 – is where you can find not only crafty stuff for kids, crafty stuff for you too (like making a stocking or a Norweigan star), and some gorgeous cakes (check out the sailboat cake!).
  • I Heart Crafty Things – lots of crafts based on great books and one of my favorite Thanksgiving units with tons of creative play documented for us to see in pictures.
  • Gratefully Growing in Grace – not only has fun things to do with your preschool, she also just finished her tutorial on how she made this GORGEOUS felt play house for her kiddos. It is AMAZING and filled with so many interactive features – check it out!

So now you know some new things about me…….and you have some new blogs to check out! Check out those blogs to see who they pass the award on to & find some new great blogs =-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment