Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 3 November 2011

Info Post
September 2011 440
Now don’t tell me you don’t like it if you haven’t tried it =-) I use to think I didn’t like it either, then I tried it, and let me tell you I LOVE it! So I tinkered around and figured out how to make my own – even better in my humble opinion. So try this delicious, simple, family favorite and let me know what you think!

Pizza Dough Recipe

  • 3 cups flour

  • 1 cup cornmeal

  • 1 1/4 cup lukewarm water

  • 1 teas sugar or honey

  • 1 pkg yeast (2 1/4 teas)

  • 1/4 cup milk (or water)

  • 2+ TAB olive oil

Mix water & yeast in bowl & let stand for 5 minutes to allow to foam up. Add remaining ingredients. You can do this by hand & knead 8 minutes. I take the quick route & mix it all in my mixer, no 8 minutes needed. Drizzle top with additional olive oil, cover with plastic wrap and put somewhere warm to rise for 30 minutes. Roll out on floured surface and put on pizza pan that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.



Taco Pizza Recipe

  • Pizza dough  rolled out onto pizza pan

  • Taco Sauce (not salsa)

  • Mexi Cheese (2 cups)

  • Ground Beef

  • Taco Seasoning Mix

  • Doritos

  • Lettuce

  • Tomatoes

  • Sour Cream

Preheat oven to 450 F. Brown ground beef; add taco seasoning mix & water per package directions. Top pizza crust with taco sauce. Add seasoned ground beef and top with cheese. Bake pizza 12-14 minutes. Top with Doritos, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream. Note: If you don’t think you will be able to eat the whole pizza that day I suggest adding the pizza toppings one slice at a time so you don’t end up with soggy Doritos for leftovers =-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment