Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 1 December 2011

Info Post
These AMAZING sugar coated pecans are perfect for a great gift OR to eat yourself! I don’t know about you, but every time I walk by a stand selling specialty nuts I salivate over the delicious smell! But they are usually soooo expensive! So I decided to try and make my own. It was actually VERY easy, smelled great as they cooked, and I was pleased as punch with the finished product. Go ahead & try them for yourself!

November 2011 333
  • 2 egg whites

  • 1 TAB vanilla

  • 1 lb pecan halves (or walnuts if you prefer)

  • 1 cup white sugar

  • 3/4 teas salt

  • 1 teas ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet. In a small bowl , whip together egg whites and vanilla until frothy. In a separate bowl mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Add pecans to egg white mixture & toss to coat evenly. Move nuts to sugar mixture & again toss to coat evenly. Spread nuts on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 250 F (120 C) for 1 – 1  1/2 hours. Cool & get ready to eat the whole batch – they are that good! Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment