Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 13 December 2011

Info Post
image
The original idea for this super cute activity came from the very creative Wonder’s Days. We don’t have an Elf on a Shelf so I tweaked it slightly. I made seed packets, complete with instructions for the activity. My kiddos got one of these packages for our first advent activity.  I also gave some away as gifts to my niece, nephew, neighborhood friends, and Minnie’s BFF. They were such a great gift because they were are fun, creative, and inexpensive to make!!
Here is what you need: fake snow, glitter/confetti, round peppermint candy, candy cane, small bags, and MY {FREE} Printable to attach
November 2011 298
Follow the directions on the free printable and you will end up with this: 1 bag of North Pole Potting Snow (fake snow), 1 bag of North Pole Fertilizer (glitter/confetti), 1 wrapped present for Mom from Santa (this is then candy cane with directions to swap out the round peppermint ‘seed’ with candy cane), and Magical Peppermint Seed Packet (round peppermint in seed packet with instructions for planting.
November 2011 301
The recipient of the present will pick a pot, container, bowl, or whatever to plant in
November 2011 395
Put the North Pole Potting Snow in the pot
November 2011 399
Read the directions on the seed container & plant the seed in the potting snow
November 2011 398November 2011 403

Apply North Pole Fertilizer

November 2011 404
and wait….magically (with Mom’s help) overnight the seed will grow into a candy cane!
November 2011 410
Pretty cool, huh?! My kids though it was amazing! They are planning to try and leave the candy cane in the the ‘soil’ to see if it gets any bigger =-) I reminded them that plants only grow a certain height and then then they stop; but it doesn’t hurt to experiment!!


Again, here is the {Free} Peppermint Seed Printable. I’d love to know if you use this! Please leave me a comment so I can check out your kids experiencing some Christmas magic too =-)

And don’t miss my 8 week Holiday Traditions Series with ideas for making your holiday intentional! (click on image below)

holiday traditions

0 comments:

Post a Comment