Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 10 January 2012

Info Post
January 2012 1468

After seeing various people do different melted crayon art I knew my kids & I would LOVE to make our own. I looked at pinnterest & Google images to get ideas & decided that it looked best will colors were groped. Goofy decided he didn’t like them straight across so we made a wavy pattern. We placed in on canvas so we could hang our work of art.

January 2012 1457

Then I used my hot glue gun my hubby got me for my birthday for the first time. I was so nervous I was going to burn myself, but it was actually VERY easy and quick – I should have asked for one sooner!!

January 2012 1458

Then I got my hairdryer for Goofy (and Minnie) to melt the crayons. The low setting was not warm enough to melt the crayons. I had read others had held it VERY close to avoid splatter, but someone said their hairdryer caught fire – YIKES! NOT ME – we kept our dryer a safe distance & considered the splatter to be part of our modern art masterpiece =-)

January 2012 1459

You can see it is beginning to melt/drip. I found it worked best to hold it almost flat to get a section melty and then tilt it to allow the pools of melted wax to flow downward. This helped avoid some of the splatter. I would also advise newspaper or something underneath. (You can also do it in the oven. It is done in like 30 seconds at 250. Just use a glass or something to tilt it. I did this for a similar project I ‘ll share later… but the dryer was way more fun for this project!!)

January 2012 1460

Here is our finished work of art!! Isn’t it COOL!! We decided it looked the coolest upside down so the colors looked like they were bursting up from the crayons; kind of like fireworks. We had soooooo much fun making this!! Maybe grandparents will get something like this next year for Christmas =-)

January 2012 1465

0 comments:

Post a Comment