Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 11 January 2012

Info Post
pooh preschool pack thumbnail
Did you know that a week from today, on January 18th, it is A.A. Milne (author of Winnie the Pooh)’s birthday? Pooh was a childhood favorite of mine and now of my kiddos too. So we decided to take a week to play & learn with Pooh. I thought I’d get the {FREE} Pooh Preschool Pack out to you now so you have time to print & plan before Jan 18th!
Disney Vacation 2009 059Image250Disney 2011 397
I am trying to vary slightly from the elements that seem to be in every Preschool Pack. Plus I like for my packs to include Kindergarten skills as Goofy LOVES to learn with us too!  You will still find your favorites, but I don’t want the kids to get tired of the same activity (just different graphics) plus I want to challenge my kiddos. There are 4 parts to download ~it’s a BIG pack =-)  There are learning activities for kids from 2.5 – 7 years old.  So what skills will yours kids work on in this {FREE} Pooh Preschool Pack?
  • Counting 1-12, 1-100, by 5’s and by 10’s
  • Addition Readiness
  • What Comes Next? (Goofy is having issues with this concept with bigger numbers, so I wanted to introduce the concept early to Minnie)
  • Vowel Recognition
  • Counting 3 Ways (tally marks, numbers, number words)
  • Following Directions
  • Basic Map skills
  • Pre-writing Skills
  • Identifying the Seasons
  • Which 2 are the same (don’t want kids to assume instructions are always which is different!)
  • Letter Recognition
  • Fine motor skills: cutting, pasting, holding a pencil
  • Making Letters
  • Using a ruler
  • Beginning sounds identification
  • Creativity / Art
  • Patterns & Sequencing
  • Logic skills 
  • Colors
  • Shapes & Sizes
  • Tactile letter making
  • Graphing
  • Understanding Placement: 1st, 2nd & 3rd
  • Critical Thinking Skills
  • Building Words
  • Memory Skills
  • Money Skills: coin identification, coin values, concepts
image
and
image
and
image
and
image
Looking for Pooh party ideas? Check out Minnie’s 2nd Birthday Party.

Whew – I think I covered about every Preschool learning activity I could think of! Remember that just because there are lots of activities doesn’t mean you need to do them all. Pick the activities that meet your child’s needs & interests best.  You can click on the Preschool Packs above or the links here to download:

I’d love to hear from you! What are your favorite worksheets that I should make sure to include in the next packet? Any additional skills you’d like to see me incorporate? I love hearing that my Preschool packs are getting lots of use!! AND I appreciate how you link back here & acknowledge your source when you use my materials – thanks! Remember, these are for your personal use. Please do not sell or host my packs anywhere else. I am always happy to have you share my website with others, but please do not link to the download only link . Thanks =-)
And as always, thanks for your comments!! They are always a source of encouragement.




Looking for more Printables? See my PRINTABLES Page or any of these below:
       

0 comments:

Post a Comment