Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 7 January 2012

Info Post

early explorers preschool pack

In Kindergarten we are studying about Early Explorers. We’ve made masks, shields, and the coolest Viking ship ever (at least I think so). Minnie really enjoyed the hands on learning but then wanted to do worksheets like big brother too. So I created these 10 pages for her. I will be adding to this later to include Columbus and eventually later explorers. But I wanted to share the Early Explorers Preschool Pack with you for now.

  • Practice for preschoolers counting the dots on one dice and associating them with the correct number. Explorers mat for practicing making E and/or V in a tactile way – playdough, glittler, pasta, sandpaper, paint, etc.

explorers1   Explorers2

  • A classic & favorite with my readers – Roll & Graph. I’ve included 6 different early explorers. I recommend using the explorers names (included with description of what they did) throughout your play to help you kids start remembering these famous men.

exploreres3  explorers4

  • Cut & Paste to figure out what items early explorers took with them on their journey. Introduce your preschooler to basic cardinal directions by cutting out the treasure chest and placing it to the N, S, E, or W of the explorer ship.

explorers6  explorers7

  • Practice colors by tracing the word with the correct color. Or print the sheet twice and make it a matching game! Improve fine motor skills with the prewriting page helping the explorer get to an item that represents them.

explorers8  explorers5

  • Practice letters by using a bingo marker (or color, circle, etc.) the letter S for ship. Trace the “V”s for Vikings.

explorers9  explorers10

I hope your family is able to make use of these free printables.  Click on the link below to download:

I’d love to hear from you! What are your favorite worksheets that I should make sure to include in the next packet? Any additional skills you’d like to see me incorporate? I love hearing that my Preschool packs are getting lots of use!! AND I appreciate how you link back here & acknowledge your source when you use my materials – thanks! Remember, these are for your personal use. Please do not sell or host my packs anywhere else. I am always happy to have you share my website with others, but please do not link to the download only link . Thanks =-)
image

And as always, thanks for your comments!! They are always a source of encouragement.

 

 

Looking for more Printables? See my PRINTABLES Page or any of these below:

       

0 comments:

Post a Comment