Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 15 November 2012

Info Post

Facebook has changed the way they allow you to see posts. Facebook is, after all, a business who is looking for ways to make money! So why is that impacting seeing my posts?  Facebook  is only showing you about 20% of the posts you’ve liked in your feed… unless the pages(blog)  pays to “promote” it.   And there is no way I can afford to pay $10 a post so you can all see it appear in your feed =-(

 

I don’t want you to miss out on seeing updates, special deals, and chatting with me or any other blog you enjoy connecting with!

 

Here are 4 ways to help you still see updates:

  1. Interact more – The more you “Like”, Comment, and Share from my posts the more relevant Facebook thinks my page is to you and the more you will see in your feed. Still not 100%…. but much better than 1 out of 5 times!
  2. Show in News Feed – Go to my Facebook page here and click on “Liked”. In the drop down menu make sure there is a check mark next to Show in News Feed. You can also click Get Notifications so you will know every time I post as well =-) (Don’t worry it does not generate an email – no extra clutter =-)image
  3. Subscribe to my blog by RSS Feed or Email so you don’t miss any posts! You can use this box below:

    Enter your email address:

  4. Create Interest Lists – To truly see all the updates from your favorite blogs/pages other than subscribing by email or Getting Notifications this is the most reliable method. Here is a great tutorial by Blogging with Amy on how to make interests lists of all your favorite blogs you want to see updates from on Facebook.

 

That is also why you are seeing my put links in the 1st comment instead of in the post. Facebook’s algorhythm puts lower priority on shares with web addresses!

 

So if it is such a hassle, why am I still using Facebook? Until Google+ or another competitor can attract enough people, Facebook is still the best way to connect with people on and off throughout the day. I love getting to actually chat back & forth with my readers and share things (like coupons, pictures, thoughts) that don’t make it to my blog.
 

So if you aren’t already a friend on Facebook, I’d love to have you join us! It’s a great place to be able to ask quick questions, interact more, and for me to share quick little things I don’t share on my blog =-)

 

 
Don’t forget  -
Today is the last day to enter our 8 AMAZING giveaways!!!  
Click on the button below to see all the giveaways and how to enter each one!
7 days of giveaways button

0 comments:

Post a Comment