Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 5 September 2012

Info Post

A month ago I shared with you Goofy’s room makeover. Since they swapped rooms I had to redo Minnie’s room too. I used the same theme because we loved it so much. But I did darken up the walls slightly (as it was a bigger room), added some Disney Princess features (Minnie is into Princesses BIG TIME), and added some fun glow in the dark butterflies. Here is her finished room:

imageJune 2012 173

I love the colors of the bedding – pink & orange. It is so bright & cheery. I’m so glad I got two when I bought it for Minnie. Back then we weren’t even pregnant with Tinker Bell, but now they have such a sweet matching room. The bedding came with the comforter, sham, bed skirt, and valance. I bought the matching lamp shade separately.  I found these incredibly beautiful butterflies online and love how they pull the theme together.  I added the Disney Princess touch with a wall sticker castle & princesses by their name (covered for privacy). Finally, I added each little glow-in-the-dark butterfly to the wall. I was so pleased with the result of the butterflies flying from their name to the castle.

June 2012 167

I am always afraid the girls are going to pinch their fingers in the closet doors and I’m sad to say I’ve comforted them  for ‘squished fingers’ a couple times. So I decided to use the large curtains that came with the set (which I didn’t feel really fit on the window) to serve as the closet door. I hung them on a curtain rod over the closet – no more pinched fingers! Minnie is sitting at her princess vanity- she loves this present I found on eBay for her 3rd birthday party.

June 2012 183

Tinker Bell was super excited about her big girl bed…..soon enough!! But no hurry =-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment