Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 24 October 2012

Info Post
image
This was an eclectic “I” week. We started by making an Ice Cream letter I. We also enjoyed some delicious Ice Cream as a snack. (see our favorite 3 ingredient homemade ice cream recipe)
August 2012 649
We did some I is for Inchworm worksheets from Confessions of a Homeschooler (click for post with download).
August 2012 651August 2012 862
August 2012 864

Note: We ended up doing a lot of worm activities under the inchworm title. Inchworm is technically the life cycle stage of a moth and different from an earthworm like we observed in our worm observation kit.  Maybe this should have been a W is for Worm week, but Inchworm fit with our Preschool Pack and  Sing Spell Read & Write Language Arts Curriculum so we used it. But I wanted to just let you know there is a difference.


We set-up & observed worms in our Worm Observation Kit. This was WAY cool & I highly recommend you get one & try this at home! The observation container is reusable for more worms or to grow root vegetables to show kids how they grow underground!

August 2012 681August 2012 682
image

 

I also let the kids spend some time observing & interacting with the worms – eew! But I have to admit it was pretty fun to watch their curiosity at work. And when the worms started to tunnel – that was VERY cool!!


August 2012 695August 2012 696

August 2012 698image

Books & Other Resources we Used:


The kids played in our Bug Sensory Box (see how we made it here)
August-2012-173_thumb8
Minnie made an inchworm craft. We made strips of construction paper in green & yellow. Then she helped me staple them into interlocking circles. We added googly eyes and a sparkly pipe cleaner for antennae. Cute, right?
August 2012 818
All the kiddos LOVED worked at getting insects out of ice – how’s that for an I activity- Insects & Ice!  
August 2012 828August 2012 826
Minnie practiced measuring insects (click for {free} Measuring Bugs Printables)
August 2012 654Measuring Bugs FREE PRINTABLE from www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com 
Finally we had an inchworm snack! Doesn’t that look disgustingly good!
image
The funny thing was that because we had let Tinker Bell play with live worms earlier in the day she actually really thought we were feeding her worms. It was HILARIOUS! She kept looking at us, and making a fussing noise. Finally I took a bite out of one and then she realized it must be okay….needless to say once she tried our pudding mud topped with oreo dirt and gummy worms she was a HUGE fan of our snack!!
August 2012 726August 2012 722 August 2012 728
For LOTS more ideas on I is for Insects, visit my Bugs Unit posts by clicking on the image below.
image_thumb13 
 
 

 

And as always, I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment! I read ever one and they make my day!! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment