Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 30 July 2012

Info Post

image

I wanted to have fun food for my kiddos as we watched the Olympic opening ceremony on Friday.  This was the first Olympics we’ve watched together as a family and I really want it to be fun & memorable =-) So here is what I came up with – Olympic Pretzels!

So I made my simple, homemade pretzel recipe:

  1. Put 2 1/2 teas yeast in 1 1/2 cups warm water with 1 1/2 teas sugar. Mix and allow to foam - about 5 minutes.
  2. Mix 4 cups flour & 3/4 teas salt with yeast starter and knead 5 minutes.
  3. Make dough into 5-10 pretzels. To get the tops to brown beat an egg and brush on the top. You can use coarse or sea salt on top of the egg as well!
  4. Bake at 450 F on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.

July 2012 951

Then I made 5 balls and colored each ball with Wilton food coloring (you get truer colors that way).

July 2012 953

After I thoroughly kneaded in the color. The whole family helped! We made 5 “ropes” out of each color. We made 5 because there are five of us in our family. Turns out it was the perfect number for the recipe =-)

July 2012 956

I made the ropes into rings that interlocked (like the Olympic logo) and baked on a non-greased cookie sheet at 450 for 10 minutes.

July 2012 965

And here are our Olympic Pretzels finished. They were delicious, colorful, and SO FUN! 

My family is using the What’s in the Bible Olympics Pack – it has a wonderful schedule of what events are what day, coloring sheets, verses, puppets, bingo (my kids LOVE this) and more. Go grab yours here.

 

Today begins the Curriculum Clean-Out (hosted by Homeschool Creations). So make sure you’ve entered my 3 giveaways (just click on any image below) and then hop on over to see what other goodies you can snag =-)

image_thumb11  image_thumb5  image_thumb4[1]

0 comments:

Post a Comment