Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 6 June 2012

Info Post

image

As some of you have already read on Facebook, I am organizing a USA Postcard Swap. My kids & I are going to be learning about the United States this coming year and I thought this would be a fun way to learn a little more about the states, prompt us to find/review where the states are on a map, and so much fun for the kids to get mail!

How does the swap work?

  • You will send 49 postcards from your state (currently postage is $0.32 each). Ideally the postcards will be something that represents your state. You will use the addresses I will email you (you can save time by printing labels!) and then write a couple lines about your state on each.
  • You will receive 49 postcards – one from each other state!!

 

To make this work we need someone from all 50 states! This will be a FRIST COME FIRST SERVE scenario. So email me at livinglifeintentionallyblog @gmail.com   IMPORTANT: Please put your state name in the subject, then your full name and address in the email so I can sort through them quickly. Participants will be added on a first come first serve basis. I will let you know via email if you have been added to the list.

Once I have volunteers for each state I will email you a list of all the addresses with a range of several months to get your postcards out. To make this fun & fair to everyone, if you ask to participate please make sure you follow through. 

State still needed for Round #1: 

FULL! – We will start as soon as I get all the addresses we are missing!

IMPORTANT: If you have yet to get me your address, please do so ASAP!! We are 1 state away from starting. Otherwise I will move up people from Round 2. Thanks =-)

Here are the states we need to do Round #2

    • Montana
    • New Mexico
    • Vermont

IMPORTANT: If you have yet to get me your address, please do so ASAP!! We are 3 state away from starting. Otherwise I will move up people from Round 3. Thanks =-)

Here are the states we need to do Round #3

  • Alaska
  • Delaware
  • Hawaii
  • Iowa
  • Mississippi
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New Mexico
  • North Dakota
  • Rhode Island
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming

I think this will be a lot of fun. If you have any questions, please let me know!

For those of you who asked, yes there are going to be {free} State printables coming!! I have about 30 pages per state with activities for kids 3-10 years old to learn about the states while practicing other skills. I can’t wait to share them with you. Here is an example:

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment