Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 7 May 2012

Info Post

{FREE} Music Lapbook

I LOVE music!! My favorite subject in school was choir. I LOVE to sing (that may be an understatement) and I  am a VERY proud Alto (although I sang Tenor when needed).  I also play the flute and dabbled with the piano, guitar, trumpet, and clarinet. Can you tell I love music?  So it should be no surprise that I want my kids to not only love listening to music, but appreciate it as well.

So we listen to music (here are some of our favorites – but any by these artists are great!):

      

   

Read fun books about music (our favorite is Tubby the Tuba which includes a listening CD with fantastic music!)

     

 

And love to play with musical instruments from our band or that we’ve made:

 

Music History for your Homeschool

This year Goofy & I have been working through Color the Classics. This program is AMAZING!! I HIGHLY recommend it whole heartedly (nope, I do not get any money or even a discount for saying so =-)  You get a coloring book with about 6 illustrations per composer and a CD. The idea is that you:

  1. -  Read the short page of information about the illustration as your child looks at the picture
  2. -  Your child colors the illustration while listening to music composed by that composer.
  3. -  The multi-sensory experience will help your child retain more of what he’s learned because he is hearing information, coloring illustration about the information, and hearing the music all at the same time. By the time you finish 6 lessons hearing the musical style & learning new facts about the composers life each time your child will retain much of what they learn.

At library story time the other day we looked up and announced to me that the music playing in the background was Tchaikovsky. He was right, the librarian was impressed, and I was so thrilled!!

There are 6 books in the series: {$19.95 for the book & ~60 minute CD) – We are completing 1 book + some Christmas + some Patriotic Classics each year for a 4 year rotation

  • Godly Composers I - Vivaldi, Bach, Handel, and Haydn
  • Composers II - Telleman, Mozart, Mendelssohn, and Dvorak
  • Composers III -  Beethoven, Strauss,Jr., Brahms and Tchaikovsky
  • Hymns Writers - Luther, Watts, Wesley, Newton, and Crosby
  • Patriotic Classics - Yankee Doodle, The Star Spangled Banner, My Country 'Tis of Thee, Battle Hymn of the Republic, and America the Beautiful
  • Christmas Carols - 13 Christmas Carols

You are allowed to make photo copies for use with your own children!! So I can use this with all my children

Now on to the {free} Music Lapbook I made to round-out my kids music education =-)

imageI put together the {FREE} Musical Lapbook printable to help my kids learn more about music. There are 60 pages in this free pack!! Here’s what’s in it:image

  • Patterns (to make or clap)
  • Musical Math (learning how many beats a note gets)
  • Woodwind, Brass, String, Percussion Instruments
  • Piano/Note Flashcards (for learning music & piano readiness)
  • Game Cards (use cards to play memory, go fish, sort, and a variety of others)
  • Puzzles (3 levels)
  • Dynamics (piano & forte)
  • High/Low Notes (Treble & Bass Cleff)
  • Orchestra Seating Chart
  • Counting Orchestra instruments
  • Note Color Mini-book
  • The Story of Middle C Mini-book
  • Peter & The Wolfe flaps (learning about instrument sounds & emotions)

There are also some music worksheet printables to help your child reinforce concepts in the lapbook. I think both the lapbook & worksheets are great for using with all your kids together and is adaptable for kids from 3-10 years of age. Click on the images or here to download.

image

Additional {free} Online Resources:

Do you have a great resource I missed?! I’d love to know about it!! And as always, I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment and let me know if you found this helpful.

image27[4]

0 comments:

Post a Comment