Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 9 May 2012

Info Post

image

I’m sure you’ve seen other blogs with colored rice. I have to admit I was always a little intimidated by this project. Not sure why, it was actually one of the easiest projects I’ve done! In case you haven’t don it yet – here is a tutorial on how to make colored rice. It is SUPER easy!

April 2012 442

Put 2 teas rubbing alcohol (find it in the band-aid isle) and food coloring (any kind) in a large ziplock bag and mix thoroughly.

April 2012 443  April 2012 444

Add 2 cups cheap white rice and shake and ‘knead’ to blend thoroughly.

April 2012 445

Pour rice on paper towel lined cookie sheet.  (This helps it dry quicker) It might be slightly smelly of the rubbing alcohol so you may want to do this on a day you can open windows or better yet can put the tray outside to dry quicker in the sun! It takes a couple hours.

 

That’s it, simple right?!?  You can use  the colored rice in sensory boxes or a myriad of other projects. Coming up next is how I used our colored rice!! So tell me, what do you use your colored rice for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment