Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 12 March 2013

Info Post
I am always looking for fun, creative, memorable things to do with my kids. I want they to have lots of great memories of our precious years together.

image




I’ve been making this Easter Bunny Cake for several years now. My kids always think it is really fun & it is actually quit simple to make!


  • Make any cake you like (I usually use white, but you can make whatever you like – boxes are great time savers!) in 2 round 8” or 9” pans and bake according to your recipe directions.

  • After the cake has cooled you are going to cut the cake as shown hereBefore

  • Put the cake together on a cake board (or large cookie sheet covered in foil)

  • Frost the cake with your favorite frosting (store bought, my favorite buttercream recipe, or simple 3 cups powdered sugar, 1-2 Tab butter, 2-3 Tab milk) – note I make the bow a different color

  • Sprinkle the bunny with coconut for great texture (Here is a picture of one year when I didn’t use coconut. Instead I pipped the frosting to try to give it texture. This will give you an idea of how it would look with/without coconut)


Before


  • Decorate with candy & additional pink frosting for the inside of the bunny’s ears

  • I mix green tint in leftover frosting and frost the cake board around the bunny. Then I mix green food coloring in with the leftover coconut and sprinkle the “grass” over the frosting. (The frosting holds the “grass” in place so you don’t have a grassy mess all over)


April 2012 163

What fun things do you do with your kids for Easter?

0 comments:

Post a Comment